Applying at JECA
Thank you for your interest in Jonathan Edwards Classical Academy. The selection and make-up of the school’s student body is second only to staff selection in the impact it has upon the school’s mission.
Our Admissions Process is as follows:
- The first step is to come and visit. Get a tour of the school with our headmaster and see JECA in action. Get a feel for our culture, and watch a class. Most initial tours take about 1-1/2 hours.
- Next, complete and submit the Initial Enrollment Application to the office in person, by mail, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The following items must be provided with the application in order for your child to be considered for enrollment.
- Payment of non-refundable $75 Application Fee
- A copy of your child’s most recent report card, or if home-schooled, copies representative of his best, original work. If home-schooled, also list curricula used for Math, Grammar, Latin and Literature as applicable.
- Copies of any standardized testing, and, if applicable, achievement test scores.
- Pastor’s Recommendation Form (Attachment 2) must have been delivered to your pastor. The instructions for him to return it are included on the form.
- Once we have received the application, non-refundable application fee, and other required documents as listed above, the next step is for each child to come in for a Shadow Day with their current grade as well as take an Entrance Assessment to determine final grade placement. Our Enrollment Coordinator will contact you to schedule those dates.
- Finally, at this point in the process a decision will be made by our board and/or headmaster concerning your application, and you will be notified by mail. Upon acceptance, these additional items will be required from you within two weeks:
Thank you for your desire to join us. If you have any questions in relation to the Admissions Process, we are here to help. Email Admissions@JECANashville.org or call 615-876-7291.