Educating Lifelong Learners
Thank you for your interest in Jonathan Edwards Classical Academy. The selection and make-up of the school’s student body is second only to staff selection in the impact it has upon the school’s mission. JECA welcomes families who long for a truly God-centered, God-promoting education to apply to join with us. Classical Education does not tend us toward perfection, but it does address the whole of each child, seeking to make them complete in Christ. JECA seeks to offer a rigorous and joyful education in an atmosphere that is orderly, restful, and beautiful.
Applying at JECA
Our Admissions Process is as follows:
- The first step is to come and visit. Get a tour of the school with our headmaster and see JECA in action. Get a feel for our culture and watch a class. Most initial tours take about 1-1/2 hours.
- Next, complete and submit an Initial Application Packet to the office in person, by mail, or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The following items must be provided with the application in order for your child to be considered for enrollment:
- Payment of non-refundable $90 Application Fee
- A copy of your child’s most recent report card, or if home-schooled, copies representative of his best, original work. If home-schooled, also list curricula used for Math, Grammar, Latin and Literature as applicable.
- Copies of any standardized testing, and, if applicable, achievement test scores.
- Pastor’s Recommendation Form (included with Application) must have been delivered to your pastor. The instructions for him to return it are included on the form.
- The next step is for each child to come in for a Shadow Day with their current grade as well as take an Entrance Assessment to determine final grade placement. Our Enrollment Coordinator will contact you to schedule those dates. Long-distance and summer applicants may be exempted from this step as necessary.
- Finally, at this point in the process, a decision will be made by our headmaster concerning your application, and you will be notified by mail. Upon acceptance, these additional items will be required from you within two weeks:
Applications for new Kindergarteners will be received beginning January 10th for new families. (New families with a Kindergartener plus more students may fill out the application for the whole family.) Applications for new families in grades 1-12 enrolling only non-Kindergarteners will be accepted on March 1st. Current families with new Kindergarteners or new students in other grades have preferred enrollment status; Intent to enroll will be confirmed in January. Thank you for your desire to join us. If you have any questions in relation to the Admissions Process, we are here to help. Email Admissions@JECANashville.org or call 615-876-7291.